Monday, August 17, 2009
Hello I am a talking sign. My job is to tell you no smoking anywhere in the school.
Hello I'm a talking sign. I tell you not to smoke in a bus because you will get cancer and disease or you will go out of your mind. So you must go from fat to skinny by exercise not by smoking.
Hi I am a talking sign. My job is to tell you that you are not allowed to smoke because of disease and cancer. Thank you.
Hello I am a talking sign. I tell you not to smoke in restaurants. People will get cancer. People are not allowed to smoke in Mc Donald's.
- Wheels for a car construction, eyes on a monster , buttons for a giant a clock face or even a little mouse!
- A gas mask if you put some elastic on each side.
- A pot to grow sprouts and seedlings in .
- If you had two they could be bats for a table soccer game or you could roll them and see who can roll one the furthest.
- A giant counter.
- A play- dough cutter.
- An object to trace around to make circles in art.
- Stepping stones in a fairy garden.
- A sand pit toy.
- A shaker if you tape two together and fill them with rice.
- Shoes for a teddy bear.
- Seed, pellet and water trays for small pets.
- A paint mixing pot in the art room.
Do you have any other ideas?
Monday, August 10, 2009
Our challenge for the next few weeks is to find at least one more way to use an object before it is thrown in the garbage or recycling bin. The Crew had a brainstorming session and these are the ideas they came up with for reusing an empty drink bottle.
- Cut it in half and create a mini green house to grow plants in it.
- Unscrew the lid and use it to store paint or food dye washes
- Fill it up with tap water and use it again.
- Use it in box construction for retro boosters on a rocket or to make a bird and hang it sideways on a mobile. It could be a car too.
- Cover it with paper mache as a craft activity to make a pretty water bottle for watering plants.
- Collect lots and make a game of skittles.
Have you got any more ideas to add to our list?