Our challenge for the next few weeks is to find at least one more way to use an object before it is thrown in the garbage or recycling bin. The Crew had a brainstorming session and these are the ideas they came up with for reusing an empty drink bottle.
- Cut it in half and create a mini green house to grow plants in it.
- Unscrew the lid and use it to store paint or food dye washes
- Fill it up with tap water and use it again.
- Use it in box construction for retro boosters on a rocket or to make a bird and hang it sideways on a mobile. It could be a car too.
- Cover it with paper mache as a craft activity to make a pretty water bottle for watering plants.
- Collect lots and make a game of skittles.
Have you got any more ideas to add to our list?